Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Frog King

Rapunzel, the story of a girl with long beautiful hair; Cinderella, a stepdaughter with an enchanting fairy godmother; Snow White, a beautiful princess with seven dwarfs; and Hansel and Gretel, siblings trapped in the woods by a wicked witch.

These are just a few highly recognized fairy tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, or the Brothers Grimm--who are among the best known story tellers of the 20th Century. Funny enough, they are not the authors of the tales but the collectors and publishers of them. Regardless of that fact, these German brothers are greatly responsible for the first sparks of an awesome array of imagination to children who, after being told these "bed-time stories" by mom and dad, seek to express themselves creatively through art and drama.

The assignment this week was to read The Frog King. I must admit that this was the first time that I have read this tale--that I can remember, that is. Reading this The Frog King brought me back to my childhood and a state of unbelievable imagination where anything is possible--even a prince turned into a frog by a wicked witch. Because of this, I thoroughly enjoyed this week's read. Indeed, I am inspired to write my own fairy tale.

Click here to read The Brothers Grimm, The Frog King, and other tales.

3 comments:

ewaker said...

I would be very interested in hearing what your fairy tale would be like.

A Quinlan said...

I too want to read your fairy tale--bring it on!

WILSON MODELS said...

Funny, I will!