Thursday, September 18, 2008

Abstraction Poem (Charm)

I found the abstraction exercise in class last Thursday to be rather entertaining. It was amusing because the images that my mind was seeing in conjunction to the word that was being said was quite random. Consequently, I felt somewhat constricted to those images when writing my poem. It was difficult at first but it did get easier as I got into the rhythm of my poem. Enjoy!

Passing

I sat upon a boulder
Magnificence of a lake
Overlooking in solitude
Mentally overwhelmed
Images of a smile
An enchanting day
Rays of delight shone on the earth

Beautiful model
Tall, slender, unamused in tranquility
Walking on a runway
Confident in European clothing
A wink in nearing
An intense mouth watering gaze
Maybe invisible
Maybe unnoticeable
The darkness of shades
The blinding luminous rays of light
A distracting beautiful European city

Passing intently
Walking gracefully
A shoulder look back
A flash of the hair
A blink of the eye
A teasing smile of innocence and desire
I sat upon a boulder

3 comments:

MissShaw1 said...

Wow! Truly amazing that through the word "charm" you came up with this!

A Quinlan said...

Lots of good links here, so thanks for that. And the Charm is a charm....

A Quinlan said...

Lots of good links here, so thanks for that. And the Charm is a charm....