Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quite Please

I have a book of short stories that I am currently reading that I assume will probably inspire more than a few of my postings for the semester. So far it's a pretty good collection of stories. The book is entitled Doubletakes and the author is T. Coraghessan Boyle. Recently, I read "Quite Please," by Aimee Bender and I found it to be quite funny. The story is about a a librarian, who after the loss of her father, decides to have sex with random guys in a back room of the library where she works. It definitely grabbed my attention from the first paragraph. It had somewhat of weird ending but it did teach me a thing or two about a different style of writing. I would call that style "shock value."

Click this link to read "Quite Please by Aimee Bender"

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

Well done -- I love TCB, too. I want everyone to read "The Road to Wellville." --AQ